-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

Submit, and Be Healed

Hello, everyone!  Sorry it's been such a long time but hopefully now that summer is here you'll be hearing a lot more from me!  I hope you all are doing fantastic and having an amazing beginning of your summer!
DSC_0351.JPG
Thank you to my beautiful friend Madilyn from Thoughts of a Wildflower blog for this picture!
Today I went to my friend's church, and the sermon was on Mark 15 verses 1 through 20.  The pastor spoke on the subject of how submissive Jesus was to the Father when he was brought to the rulers to be examined for the "sins" He had committed, and how His silence amazed Pilate.
I have a hard time with giving anyone else control-including God, and I doubt I am the only one.  In fact, if I'm being 100% honest, I usually don't.  But I find it so incredibly amazing how even on His walk towards death, shame, and torture, Jesus stood firmly in His submissiveness to the Father.  And how He was even giving an example for us and how we are supposed to react to persecution despite the fact that His life was on the very brink of ending.
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I would be saying something if I was being falsely accused of sins I had not committed.  I would probably be very angry and saying anything I could if I knew I was completely blameless and pure and was dying for dirty sinners that deserved absolutely nothing but punishment.  But He stayed quiet.  He stayed submissive to His Father.
And it all makes me think of how fast I am to try and take control of myself.  How I don't give God everything because then I wouldn't be in control, would I?  Jesus is an amazing example of how following the Lord is not and never will be easy, but in the end it was always and forever be the ultimate best.  I love how Jesus made it perfectly clear how faithful and submissive He wants us to be in our life, even if that means laying down our lives for Him.  After all, He did it for you and I.
" And as soon as it was morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council.  And they bound Jesus and led him away and delivered him over to Pilate.  And Pilate asked him, "Are you the King of the Jews?"  And he answered him, "You have said so."  And the chief priests accused him of many things.  And Pilate again asked him, "Have you no answer to make?  See how many charges they bring against you."  But Jesus made no further answer, so that Pilate was amazed. " -Mark 15:1-5
" But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. " - Deuteronomy 4:29
I hope everyone enjoyed this post and if you did please give it a like!  I really appreciate it!
Have an amazing rest of the day! <3
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment