-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

Off of the Sidewalk

img_2876
Tonight my mom and I were talking, when I looked at our little Chihuahua dog and asked how the dog is always so clean, and my mom replied with, "Because she never goes off the sidewalk."  This got me thinking, God doesn't call us to be "safe."  He doesn't say, "Do this, if only it is safe."  No.  He says: Obey Me and trust in Me to be your safety and to keep you safe.   This past Sunday at church, the guest speaker talked about the difference of being comfortable versus being effective.  He was saying how we often say "I'm not really comfortable with that."  We often do say this, we think that we are inclined to always be comfortable, but this is simply not true.  As far as I know, God was never concerned about the safety of His people, because He knew He was going to keep them safe. He knows everything, so why wouldn't He know that?  I guess I'm always worried about safety, "Oh, that's not very safe,...Oh, I can't go there to tell people about Jesus because that place is dangerous,...If I did that I wouldn't be very safe...."  Always trying to play it safe.  I guess it is very hard(especially for people like myself), to really and completely get away from that because it is very much in our instinct to try to survive, but it is not exactly what God always wants us to do.  I guess I am a lot like our Chihuahua, never going off the sidewalk, never wanting to get my paws ;) dirty.  I also realize how much I don't trust in Him.  He says to trust in Him with all of my heart, and, to be honest, I don't really ever follow that command.  I worry.  A lot.  Like you wouldn't believe.  But, I have no reason to worry because He's got me in His hands, always and forever.
God calls us to go off of the sidewalk and to do the work He has laid out for us(Deuteronomy 31:8):
"...The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you not forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
So, I ask you, are you living on a little safe sidewalk, or are you going out into the fields God has called you?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19)
I really hope you liked this post and please have a great day!!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment