-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

Saying Yes

Hey everybody!  I hope you are all having an amazing day!  It is gorgeous here where I live and so warm!  My kind of weather! ;)
So, a couple of days ago I was playing with my little sister, with Play-Doh (hold on, I'm getting somewhere here), and I was trying to use a cookie cutter to make a little shape in the dough.  I was trying to reuse and  reuse that little ball of dough to keep on and keep on making a shape.  It got me thinking, I think God uses us sort of like that Play-Doh(even if it sounds silly).  He uses us even when we think we're too worn down to be used and He forms us to do and be something great.  A difference between that dough and us is that when God asks us to give part of ourselves for something good for Him, you get built back up, and very likely built back up to the point where you surpass the place you were before you gave Him anything.  That's the God I serve!  You see, serving God is what we were made to do, and He wants us to serve others - be a servant to God and others.  Everybody wins when you do what we Christians were made to do, not just the ones being served. :)  It's then that we are thriving, even if at first we thought we were just gonna disappear by doing what He says.  God can use you, even if you think He can't.  Therefore, if you simply say yes to God, you will see positive results!  I encourage every one of you(including myself) to say yes to God when He asks something of us!  God can make more of us than we have ever imagined!
Here are some great verses that could encourage you(they encourage me!):
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
-Philippians 4:13(ESV)
"For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do."
- Hebrews 6:10(ESV)
"Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart.  For I consider what great things he has done for you."
-1 Samuel 12:24(ESV)
"But you, take courage!  Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded."
-2 Chronicles 15:7(ESV)
Even Jesus served God and said yes to Him, so we should do the same.
"and whoever would be first among you must be your servant, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many."
-Matthew 20:27-28

I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you did, please give it a like!  It's very appreciated!  Thanks for reading!
Have a blessed day! <3
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment