-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

{sixteen} goals

Hey guys!  So this very day, August 28th, 2016, I turn sixteen years old!  It is an exciting (and scary, honestly) number for me and I can't wait to see what the Lord will bring this year!  But I am so grateful for another year that the Lord has given me!  In this post, I want tell you guys 16 goals I have for this wonderful new part of my life!  :)  I'm hoping this post will help me actually accomplish these goals (haha) more because I am telling it to others on the internet and I hope that you enjoy it and get something good out of it!  ;)
DSC_0574.JPG
1.  more time spent with the Lord.  I want this year of my life to be my year that I am closest to the Lord (yet), and to accomplish that, I'm going to have to spend more time with Him!  Daily is going to be my goal.
2.  learn to love myself.  This is one of the biggest road-blockers in my life, so it's important!  I want to learn that God loves me exactly the way I am now!
3.  become an optimist.  Let's face it, I'm quite a negative person, and I don't like that!  God has given me new life and a wonderful life with wonderful people, so I should never be a pessimist.  I want to replace my negative thoughts with positive ones.  Life is too short to be as negative as I am.
4.  trust God with everything.  I want to stop worrying and just give it all to God, because He really has got this.
5.  become the most healthy I've ever been physically.  I want to become super fit physically, but I want to do it for the right reasons, and not just to be like what society tells us we have to be to be beautiful.  I want to become healthy so that I glorify God with my body and so that I can use my body to do things for people, like people who do not have as healthy of a body as I do!  I want to point everyone to Jesus, even with the way I treat my own body!
6.  keep everything tidy.  I love having a tidy space all of the time, so I need to work hard having it that way!
7.  be a light in the world for God to show and tell people about Jesus.  I want to act and speak in a way that makes everyone who is not a Christian wonder what's different about me.  I feel like this past year I could have done a much better job with that, so I want to change that now.
8.  read more.  I love to read, but if I'm honest, I don't do it much unless it's for school.  I usually pick something over it, and that needs to change.  A book a month would be nice.
9.  forgive.  I have a really hard time forgiving, even if I am trying to, so I need to work on that, because God wants me to and I would be so much happier!
10.  love more.  this is a big one.  The main two reasons I am living on this earth is one: so that I can love God, and second: to love others.  I need to show kindness to everyone and love them - no matter the circumstances, because this life isn't about me and I don't deserve the love God has given me.  I want to do things for people without them having to ask, even if it is something as simple as smiling at stranger to let them know that God loves them.
11.  be in the moment and enjoy life.  I have a hard time staying in the moment, the now.  I want to stop worrying about the past and the future and just live and breath in God's love now.
12.  be myself and do me.  I often want to do things because my friends are doing it and I just feel like a lame loser if I don't (example: not driving yet).  And I want to learn that I was made by God like this for a reason, and I don't want to try and change just because everyone else is doing their own thing.  Just because that path is others' path, doesn't make it my path.
13.  become a better listener.  I just need to listen better to people.  I want to become the one who listens to others instead of talking about myself all of the time, because I think I don't always do a great job at that, sadly.
14.  get my permit and start driving.  The thought of driving terrifies me, but I would love to be able to go places myself, so I need to do that and trust that God has me and those around me in His hands.  Studying some more for my written permit test will be my first step, so that is where I need to start.
15.  practice more and try to get great at my hobbies.  I want to practice and get much better at things I like to do such as playing volleyball, playing piano, writing, etc.  This will take a lot of practice and time and patience so I want to do it!  One of my goals for piano is going to be to practice everyday!
16. spend more quality time with my loved ones.   This especially goes for my three year old sister who is growing up so fast!  I love my family and friends so much and therefore, I need to always treasure them!  I need to make more time to spend with all of them.  This also goes for my dogs :) .  
Tell me in the comments what you're doing right now to improve yourself and your life!  I'd love to hear it!  I would also love to hear if you have any tips on accomplishing goals! :)
I hope you all enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!  God bless you!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment