-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

and there I was - Hemingway's home

there I was,
the floors sometimes creaked but did not give as I glided slowly around,
as age can do a mighty work on even a solid one under our feet.
breathing in history can be one of the most amusing games I can play.
for taking in such vast happenings and mysterious people would be almost too much for me in this time to comprehend.
165 years in between can do that to a girl.
but there I was,
with no one around me that I had any more with than a short term aquiantence with surrounding me,
with my brother as the exception. 
some, speaking in languages that were unknown to me, proved the effects even foreigners experienced.
standing in the very places talented ones had once stood was incredible and addictive.
laughing eyes told the stories of their own as amusing stories of the heroes were being shared.
as a person with the same passion as the main character of the house,
I drew in deeper because of such interest spark.
it was quite an amount to take in,
but how grand I think it to be.
and there I was,
just a little girl standing in the middle of history.
for that has now become part of my own history. 
I hope you guys liked this bit of random writing!  It was inspired by my time visiting Hemingway's house in Key West, Florida, a couple of weeks ago!  Hearing Hemingway's story and seeing/being in his house has greater inspired me as a writer so I hope this has captured some of that. :) God bless you all and have an awesome day!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment